Monday, June 13, 2011

Thinking About Who God Is

Yesterday during service I got super convicted about something. We were singing a song all about who God is and His attributes and it hit me. Lately, all I think about is myself. All I think about is how God can help me, and what is He doing to serve me. Wow, what a wrong way of thinking. God was not made to serve me, He created me to serve Him. I had things all kinds of mixed up. Lately all I an think about is myself and its so wrong. Instead of thinking about myself and how God can serve me, I need to be thinking about God and how I can live my life to serve Him. I wanted to spend some time thinking about who God is, and His attributes. I wanted to post some attributes for you to read. This list is not of my creation, though I did edit it some, but you can find it here.

God is Jehovah. This means "I am I AM"

God is Jehovah-M’Kaddesh. This name means “the God who sanctifies.”

God is infinite.

God is omnipotent. God has all power.


God is good.

God is love.

God is Jehovah-jireh. This name means “the God who provides.”

God is Jehovah-shalom. This name means “the God of peace.”

God is immutable. God cannot change.

God is transcendent.

God is just.

God is holy.

God is Jehovah-rophe. 

God is omniscient. God is all knowning.

God is omnipresent. God is everywhere.



God is merciful.

God is sovereign.



God is Jehovah-nissi. This name means “God our banner.” \

God is wise.

God is faithful. 

God is full of grace.


 God is our Comforter.


God is El-Shaddai. This name means “God Almighty.”

God is Adonai. This name means “Master” or “Lord.”

God is Elohim. This name means “Strength” or “Power.”






I wanted to post some songs about God and songs that have helped me think more about God, and not myself. They are all about God and who He is. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments!! I love hearing from you. :)