Monday, June 27, 2011

Recipe: Mexican Pizza

I'm sorry its been so long since I've posted a recipe. I wanted to post one that I'm making for supper tonight. Its a recipe that I made as a child, and had forgotten about. My mom reminded me that she had it and tonight I made it. Its so easy, and so delicious!


Mexican Pizza 



boneless skinless chicken breasts (I use 1/2 breast per small pizza)
Adobo
other seasonings to taste (I used taco seasoning, garlic powder and a random meat seasoning)
cilantro
green peppers (optional)
onion (optional)
flour tortillas
salsa
shredded Mexican or cheddar cheese
shredded mozzarella cheese

Cut breasts in chunks, about 1-2 inches square. Liberally season with Adobo and other seasonings until well coated. Cook in skillet until white all the way through.

Chop up cilantro, onions and peppers. I didn't use onions and peppers since Isaiah doesn't like them, but if you do, enjoy. Add cilantro, onions and peppers to skillet with chicken until chicken is done, and vegetables are done.

Line baking trays with foil. Put tortillas on trays.Spread salsa on tortillas. Then spread chicken, cilantro, peppers and onions over that. Sprinkle both types of cheese over it all.

Cook at 350 degrees for 7 minutes until cheese and melted and tortillas are crispy.

I make basically one tortilla pizza per person, with a couple left over for leftovers. As you can see, its one of those recipes that is really open to making it as you want. Something I have thought about trying is adding jalapenos to the pizzas, but we are not spicy people so I haven't.

After you make it, let me know. I would love to hear how it turned out for you, and see pictures if possible. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments!! I love hearing from you. :)