Saturday, June 25, 2011

Happenings in the Tamblingson Household

I know I haven't been posting much lately, but honestly life has been so crazy. But on this lazy Friday night while the husband is playing with a cat, and on his computer, I thought I would share some of my life.

So big news, you know how a while ago I said I wanted an iphone. Well Isaiah surprised me after he got off work and placed one in my hands. He figured it out (I still don't get how) that to get an iphone, and go on his plan (yeah we were still on separate plans) and get an iphone for me. So I'm super excited. I've had so much fun tonight playing around with it. I'm looking for good apps, so if you have a must have app, let me know.

But bigger thing is that we are moving in August to a bona fide house!!! I have been dreaming of this for a long time. You know how a lot of girls dream of their weddings all of their lives? Well I dreamed of my first house. We live in a one bedroom apartment. When we first got married I got so overwhelmed with trying to decorate it that I failed and just haven't redone it so its a total wreck. But now I get to start over and now I have a better idea of how not to ruin it and I can start afresh.

Its a total God thing how this happened. We had wanted to move to a house since we got married. We thought it was would work out. Then I was looking at our finances and realized there is no way we could afford it. I got really discouraged but then thought well we can move to a two bedroom apartment and that will work. Isaiah met with the leasing office and they told him that the prices of apartments. To stay in our apartment we are in now, the price would be raised drastically, and a two bedroom would be out of the question.

I had given it all to God and really was content with whatever. It was something I had really struggled with all year, especially when other women would come over and say my house was terrible looking and how could I live here. It was a real struggle for me. It was a real test in loving my husband and not getting frustrated over his mess, and not nagging. And a lesson in not caring so much what other people thought about things. As a woman, that is a hard lesson to learn.

Anyway, I had given it to God, though I really didn't want to stay here. We realized there was no way we could move, and even to stay where we were would be very difficult. Isaiah was going to have to ask for a raise, and it would be really, really rough. We figured all this out Monday. I was so upset, but I knew God was in control and had an unexplainable peace about it all.

Before all this my mom had reminded me that my grandmother had left a little money in a trust that I could get when I enter my junior year of college. She talked to the person in charge of the trust and called me Tuesday. Turns out the trust would cover some housing expenses. I was really excited. I talked to the person and we figured out that with the trust we could rent a house!

We so knew it was God working all this out. So Wednesday night, after Isaiah got out of school, we drove around our area. We only had one person we actually got in touch with, who owned this adorable little yellow house. They set up a time to meet us today. We looked at it today and it is so cute, and seems perfect for us for right now. We haven't made the final decision, but unless something else comes around that we can see God is really wanting more, this will be it.

Its one of those things that you can clearly see God working. I went from we may not even afford the place we are at, to now we can get an adorable sweet house. WOW

I am getting all kinds of fun decorating ideas. I will probably post them in the next few days. I can't wait to share them with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments!! I love hearing from you. :)