Monday, February 7, 2011

Recipe Monday



Isaiah is not a big fan of vegetables so when I find something he likes I jump on it. I found this recipe and I was so excited. I made it and am a huge fan!!! I did not cook the carrots in the sauce long enough so they did not get to really set, but it was still good. You can't really go wrong with sugar and butter. Instead of cooking the carrots in some water, I saw a comment to drain all the water and just cook them in the margarine and brown sugar so that's what I did. Enjoy.


Buttery Cooked Carrots


Ingredients

  • 1 pound baby carrots
  • 1/4 cup margarine
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar

Directions

  1. Cook carrots in a large pot of boiling water until tender. Drain off most of the liquid, leaving bottom of pan covered with water. Set the carrots aside.
  2. Stir margarine and brown sugar into the water. Simmer and stir until the margarine melts. Return carrots to the pot, and toss to coat. Cover, and let sit for a few minutes to allow flavors to mingle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments!! I love hearing from you. :)