I made this for Christmas. It was delicious. Everyone loved it. I did change some things. I didn't use nut and used white chocolate chips instead. I didn't measure the chips on top but just sprinkled them on top.
· Yield: 3 dozen
· Nutrition: See Below
· Prep Time: 15 Minutes
· Cook Time: 40 Minutes
· Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
· 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
· 1 cup sugar
· 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
· 1/2 cup butter
· 1 large egg, beaten
· 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
· 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
· 1 cup chopped nuts
· HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 13 x 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray.
· COMBINE flour, sugar and cocoa in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg. Mix until well blended. Reserve 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture. Press remaining crumbs evenly into bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes.
· COMBINE sweetened condensed milk and 3/4 cup chocolate chips in medium saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Spread evenly over partially baked crust.
· ADD 3/4 cup chocolate chips and nuts to reserved crumb mixture. Sprinkle evenly over top. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely. Cut into bars.