Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Random Thoughts About Serving God

Something I'm really thinking about is how much do I share my convictions and beliefs. How much do I say "hey, this is what I believe." or how much do I just let my actions show my beliefs? Its something that I think everyone needs to work through in their own  way. 

I knew someone that was constantly sharing his beliefs, you can't meet him without hearing about his faith. He preaches on the street corners, and he is so open. But then I know people that completely do not share their faith at all. They just say that God will work through them, but then they act no differently than anyone else, and you can't tell the difference.

Along with this, how do you balance showing the love of God with saying, ok this is my standard and I want to not be tainted by the world. How do you stay out of the world, but take Jesus' example and be loving to people that are obviously sinners? 

Honestly, I don't have the answer. I mean to me, I think that my faith is such an integral part of my life. You just look at me and I'm obviously different. I wear long skirts, modest shirts and I have very long hair. But then I want to not just look at me and then my testimony stop, but I want my actions to show Christ, His love and His power. 

I have to admit that I need to do a better job of making sure that my God is the focal point of my life. I dont want it to be something that is just a part of my life, I want it to be the thing that guides my life. I want everything to do to praise the Lord. 
 
Something I see so much of is people feeling like they have to follow certain rules to earn God's salvation and favor. I think this is so wrong. This changes the revelations from the Word of God and the convictions that He gives and makes them something that becomes like a prison and pressure. It saddens me so much because my beliefs and the revelations that I have don't mean that I'm in a prison. It makes me happy to follow them because is my way of showing God that I love him. Its like making supper for my husband or getting him a special present. I don't do it because I have to follow some rules to earn favors and salvation, I do it to show my love.

I want God to be the thing that my life wraps around. I want to people see how much joy serving God puts in my life. I want them to see that loving God and serving Him has changed my life and continues to change my life I want people to see that.

But how hard is it balance everything in my Christian life. I think that I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to live in the way that serves my God, and the way He has shown me. God will take care of how people see what I do, and how my testimony gets across. I started to realize that it isn't my job to make sure people get the right idea, its His job. As long as I'm living my life the way He has shown me, and showing Him how much He means to me, than He will have to worry about all his other creation and how they view me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments!! I love hearing from you. :)