Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Find in Me Thine All in All


Today I have been fretting. Some things where wearing heavy on my heart, and I was worrying and upset. I even called my husband at work and started crying at one point. I was a mess. I was fretting and well just a wreck. My husband (he is so wise) told me to stop what I was doing, rest quietly, turn on some soothing music and rest in God. Well wouldn't you know, I did and it started working? (funny how things work out when I listen to my husband)

I have a pandora channel for soothing old hymns, and when I'm stressed and upset I put it on and rest in my Savior. I put it on and started praying that God would work out what I was fretting about. A peace just washed over me. Yes, the situation was still there, but I wasn't worried about it. I know that God had it under control. My soul found peace in my Lord; He is in control and my worrying does nothing.

Then the song Jesus Paid It All came on and the first verse was exactly what I needed to hear.
 "I hear the Savior say,
'Thy strength indeed is small;
Child of weakness, watch and pray,
Find in Me thine all in all.'"

Wow! Isn't that perfect? Yes my strength is so small! When I lean on my own understanding, and my own strength I quickly crumple. Life just falls apart when I try to work in my own strength. When I finally gave the situation to God, I realized that I don't have to face it alone. I don't have to face life on my own strength. Because I am a Christian, I don't face life without hope, or alone, I face it with the Creator of the universe! 

When I look to myself for strength, I fail. I fall apart. I fret, but when I look to my God for my all in all, then I can face anything. I'm not saying its always easy. And I'm not saying life with Christ is always easy, but I am saying that I have a strength that is not my own. 

I know that my strength, in and of myself, is small. I know that when I look to myself I am weak. But I know that the Savior of the world has more than enough strength for me to lean on. And when I find my all in all in Him, I am at peace.


3 comments:

  1. I love Fernando Ortega. His renditions of the old hymns have an amazing way of soothing my spirit when I am in turmoil. A particular favorite is "Jesus, King of Angels." Great choice, and don't ever forget the power of quiet praise to God. :) Much love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you have a wise husband. what a blessing! and this song is beautiful - listening and enjoying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm it seems like your blog ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I'm
    thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any recommendations for beginner blog writers? I'd genuinely appreciate it.


    My website: cellulite treatment reviews

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments!! I love hearing from you. :)