Monday, April 4, 2011

Recipe Monday









I tried a new recipe tonight Wow, it was easy. We really liked it. It was an adaptation of a recipe that I got on my post "No Recipe Tuesday". Isaiah and I went to Sam's last week and I got a bunch of frozen skinless, boneless chicken breasts. I wanted to try using them.

Baked Chicken

mayonnaise (I used Duke's, another suggestions is miracle whip)
Italian bread crumbs (another suggestion is just seasonings such as oregano)
Parmesan cheese
skinless, boneless chicken breasts

This recipe has no actual measurings. I just eyed it. Mix the mayonnaise, bread crumbs and cheese until it becomes a paste. Spread it on chicken and lay flat in dish. Cook at 350 for about 30 minutes until white in center and cooked thoroughly.

I cooked rice. Next time I wouldn't put the topping on quite as thick, but it was good. The mayonnaise would change the flavor some. I used the quintessential souther mayonnaise, Dukes, but the original recipe called for miracle whip.

1 comment:

  1. I do something like that, only I dip the chicken in whipped egg before coating in breadcrumbs. I make my own breadcrumbs due to sodium restrictions and mix in lots of seasonings. I bake for about 30 minutes at 375 covered with aluminum foil and its about the moistest (is that a word) chicken I've ever had!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments!! I love hearing from you. :)